Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Welcome to A Scent Life!

Despite having a very sensitive nose (I get headaches from smells easily and I'm the annoying coworker for which fragrance rules are made) I have always loved scented things - particularly candles - but also fragrant teas, foods, lotions, body washes, bubble baths, flowers... you get the drift. Given the sensitivity of my nose, I've constantly been on the search for scents I love AND can tolerate. Unfortunately I find them very rarely, sadly far less than my collection of lotions and candles would indicate.  :(  Usually the scents end up being far too strong and I end up being unable to enjoy them.

It was only very recently that I started getting seriously interested in the world of perfume. I've been poring over blogs and reading so much about hundreds of different scents that I've decided to start my own journey of scent exploration. Right now, at the beginning, I own 3 bottles of perfume. Two bottles I purchased on my own at some point in history - Givenchy Ange ou Demon Le Secret and Dolce & Gabbana Rose the One, and one that I won - Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire. I was lucky to win the LPRN from a generous fundraising Bois de Jasmin giveaway, though from my first trial I'm not sure it's a fragrance I love. (I'm not so sure about the other two either, to be honest.) I've also purchased about 24 perfume samples so far, and I have several more orders to place!
     
As such, I thought it might be a good idea to document my scent trials firstly to help me remember what I like and what I don't like, but also to be able to look back on the development of my nose and the evolution of my tastes over time.
     
Despite my long love of scented items, I am a total scent noob - so I hope that as I try new things I can start to learn some of the individual notes I'm experiencing. If anyone more knowledgeable than me actually reads some of my posts - please please feel free to help me identify some of the things I may be smelling.  :)
     
So, please join me while I explore and enjoy the finer scented luxuries in life - perfumes, candles, lotions, and anything else that fragrantly comes my way!



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment